[Imports] Fortaleza (Brazil) addresses import

Matheus Gomes matheus.gomes03 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 9 20:33:35 UTC 2021

Hello all,

We received recently new data from Fortaleza City Council, so we are planning an import of addresses in Fortaleza. We have explicit permission to use this data :)

The proposal is well documented here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Fortaleza/PMF_Addresses_Import. It is a quite extensive document with all the information needed to perform the import. We are prepared to start as soon as possible.

In short the city council provides a SHP/CSV of most addresses in the city. We did some tests and the data is good, but it will not be possible, in my understanding, a massive import, without first processing the data. It is necessary attention and adjustments before uploading them to OSM.

We discussed this import with Ceará state and Brazilian communities, in the Telegram group, and people there were immediately interested (and they approved this import).

I'm sending here a neighborhood (the one that had fewer addresses) so that you can take a look at the data that has already been cleaned and processed: https://mega.nz/file/qNIF3aaD#g3T3lDzLxYdA-mKpXHthlPVxkWaMl_PTAZgwG7nd2Qo

I've already done some cautious imports in Fortaleza, so I don't think there would be any problems in this one either.

Please let me know if you have any doubts!

Best regards,
Matheus
(user: matheusgomesms)