[josm-dev] Optimizations for larger data sets

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Dec 14 22:21:47 GMT 2007

Hi,

> One thing I've always wondered about JOSM is what its coding standards
> are.  It seems some files are in UNIX encoding, other in DOS.  Some use
> tabs, other spaces, most use combination.  How many tabs per space,
> etc...

I had been planning to fix this in one big commit, then someone
pointed out that at least for line endings there's a way to deal with
this by configuring SVN properly. Hasn't been done yet though. And for
the rest - I strongly dislike tabs, and I think indentation should be
by no less than 3 and no more than 4 spaces per level. One thing that
was always important to Imi was the

if (condition) {
   something
}

style as opposed to

if (condition)
{
   something
}

but hey... whoever writes the code gets to choose, unless he crosses
the border where his code becomes a pain to work with for others...

Bye
Frederik