[josm-dev] Jumbo Patch

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Dec 15 22:45:07 GMT 2007

Hi,

> Why can't we allow them to undo changes that have been uploaded?

> Ideally, I could change an object, press upload, press undo, and upload
> again to get back to the original server state.

> We have the concept of "modified" already.  We must clear that when we
> do an upload.  Could we set it again it when an undo'd command is
> applied to an object?  Do we need to separate
> "modified-and-needs-to-be-saved-to-file" from
> "modified-and-needs-to-be-uploaded"?

We always save everything to file so the former is probably not
needed, but we would need to record uploads in some way...

modify A <-- sets A modified
undo A   <-- unset A modified
modify B <-- set B modified
upload   <-- unset B modified
undo B   <-- !!! set B modified !!!

and

modify A <-- sets A modified
modify A again <-- no change
undo second A edit <-- do NOT unset A modified !!!

so, it is going to be complicated to keep track of which version of
the object is known to the server. Not impossible though, we'd need
some kind of versioned storage probably.

Bye
Frederik