[josm-dev] Jumbo Patch

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 17 01:41:11 GMT 2007

Hi,

> > Well, my patch (14.12.2007: Re: [josm-dev] Optimizations for
> > larger data sets), which both improves performance and is as
> > nonintrusive as possible was still not applied and we're having
> > religious disputes instead...
>
> Oops!  Sorry.  It seems to have been overlooked in the turmoil of
> the religious war.  :-)
>
> I've just committed it since the only complaints were about the indentation
> and the line endings...

I hadn't commited the patch because I was unsure how to deal with it
in respect of the recent merging of mappaint into the core.

When I did the merge, I broke the MapPaintVisitor away from the
SimplePaintVisitor; it was a subclass of that before and now isn't.
The reasoning behind this was that almost every single method in
SimplePaintVisitor had been overriden anyway, and overriden in a
"replace", not an "extend" way, which meant that changes to
SimplePaintVisitor would usually have to be carried into the
MapPaintVisitor by hand. So I thought I might as well straighten out
the hierarchy, but I think we should perhaps change this again into a
common superclass "AbstractPaintVisitor", with the SimplePaintVisitor
becoming the "WireframePaintVisitor" or so, and this all intermingles
with the general optimisation ideas I have in mind...

But it's ok the way it is now, Mappaint users don't expect speed
anyway ;-) better than leaving the patch lying around unused.

Bye
Frederik