[josm-dev] veriosn 368 Add node tool

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Fri Oct 12 11:20:27 BST 2007

great work on the new updates, but there is one thing I don't like.

I'm not sure if the actions described below are intended, but I don't find
it a useful method of working.

When using the new add node tool:

If  you click between two nodes on an existing way then a new node is added
between those nodes.  This seems OK, and works as I would expect.

If  a node is previously selected explicitly using the select tool, and the
draw  node tool is used to add a node into the way then (a) a new node is
added, and (b) a segment is drawn between the previously selected node and
the new node.  This I can live with.

If  a node is previously selected because say it was added in recently then
it remains selected , and if the draw  node tool is used to add a node into
the way then (a) a new node is added, and (b)a segment is drawn between the
previously selected node and the new node.  This does not seem to be a good
idea,  it makes it very hard to simply add more than one node into an
existing way without creating lots of new shorter ways, since between each
"add node" operation you need to unselect the previous node, before adding
in the new node.

David