[josm-dev] New JOSM bug

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Fri Oct 12 19:53:18 BST 2007

In JOSM latest downloaded a few minutes ago I can't SHIFT+CLICK to
select more than one thing. (drag does do a multiple select). I assume
this is not intentional.

Of the intentional changes...

The combined select and move means I always but always unintentionally
move the thing I am selecting when using a tablet - it is completely
impossible to work with the tablet - I have to click using the trackpad
button on my notebook. An optical mouse is barely better - it slides
around between the up and down of the button and moves the object. I'd
be quite happy to use say the ALT or SHIFT key to do a move (perhaps a
user option?)

And I am finding it difficult to add nodes in the vicinity of other
ways, as it always wants to connect it into the adjacent way. Drawing a
stream as I just was was particularly hard as I wanted it to go "under"
each road I was crossing. Is there a modifier key combination that will
help?

The "connect to previous node" style is great for doing ways, but is a
pain for adding POIs as I have to keep deselecting, which means changing
mode. Can we have a modifier which doesn't connect? (If there is
supposed to be one it isn't working - no combination does anything
different) (An alternative to a modifier key might be say the U key as a
shortcut for "deselect all" to make the deselect easier).

David