[josm-dev] Direction arrows

Lauri Hahne lauri.hahne at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:02:22 BST 2007

I don't think it would work. If you insert one arrow per way, the must
be tons of cases where the direction isn't evident. In addition, if
you show an arrow, lets say, once every 3 "segments" it will likely
look very hideous and broken to user when there appears to be no logic
where the arrows are even though there really is.

On 16/10/2007, Matthias Julius <lists at julius-net.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It just occured to me that since we can not have unordered ways
> anymore we don't really need a direction arrow on every segment. It
> would be enough to have one arrow at the end of the way. For long ways
> it would be good to have an arrow once in a while, though.
>
> It areas with a high data density (TIGER for exemple) the arrows
> pretty much clutter up the map.
>
> Of course, a toggle button/shortcut for turning the arrows on and off
> would help, too.
>
> Matthias

Lauri Hahne