[josm-dev] Building JOSM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Oct 17 17:52:37 BST 2007

Hi,

> I checked out JOSM into a clean directory (in Windows XP) and imported
> into Eclipse workspace. The build says...
>
>    Project JOSM is missing required library:
>    'C:\...\josmsource\core\lib\metadata-extractor-2.3.1.jar'
>
>    Project JOSM is missing required library:
>    'C:\...\josmsource\core\lib\MinML2.jar'

It sounds as if you somehow have an old build file, since the metadata
thingie has just been renamed to metadata-extractor-2.3.1-nosun.jar
and the MinML2.jar is not required any more.

Is it possible that the workspace was not *so* clean, with some sort
of build dependency file left over from the last time?

If I import everything into a clean Eclipse setup in Linux, it usually
works (apart from some bogus errors on one or two "marktr" calls which
go away if I make a change to the file and save it).

Bye
Frederik