[josm-dev] Feature request OSM data download

Klaus - Guenter Leiss LeissKG at web.de
Wed Oct 17 21:27:13 BST 2007

Hello,
I try to keep the data that I download small so that it is less likely that
i get into conflict with other edits in the same area. Some times i miss
some map parts at the edges of my selection rectangle. It would be nice
if there was an option to download that part of the map that is currently
shown on the screen ( assuming that I have moved away from my original
center.

I'm not fully sure if it is good to download more than one selection because
I do not know what is the best way for a pre merge check of conflict. Currently
I download a larger area than I would really need to get sure that all parts that
I downloaded before will be downloaded again for a merge check. A function that
keeps track of my downloads and allows me to download them again in one
action would be nice here.

Klaus Leiss