[josm-dev] Tagging Presets - propagation with existing tags

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Wed Oct 17 22:26:12 BST 2007

Hi,

> Well, for me that wasn't a consideration. The problem was if you had
> a road and you selected an annotation for a road, the roadname would
> be deleted. It's all about *preserving* previously entered data.
> Currently presets for existing features are simply a quick way to
> lose information.

how could such a mechanism work on multiple selections? What if there
are three residentials and one unclassified? They might have different
names and highway types, while the user tries to use the preset dialog
to add the oneway tag. How do we display those different tags to the
user? Disable them in the dialog or showing the <different> like JOSM
already does?

Cheers,

ce