[josm-dev] Tagging Presets

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Wed Oct 17 22:38:18 BST 2007

Christoph Eckert schrieb:
> well, the incorporated presets mainly are there ao we can start
> somewhere.

... and that's fine! There will never be a set of tags that *everyone*
is fine with - but you must start somewhere.
> I think it's YAGNI. What I've learned is that most users (except for the
> imaginary power user :) do not configure their system. Concerning
> presets, most users will be glad to wear the corset we provide. They
> aren't going to change it - surprisingly.

Surprisingly? Don't you have better things to do in your sparetime than
to configure your software?!?

At least some people spend more time to configure their system than to
actually work with it ;-)

Regards, ULFL