[josm-dev] PATCH: in "Draw" mode, extend current way

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Sun Oct 21 16:56:41 BST 2007

Hi,

I like the new modeless JOSM, but have been getting a bit fed up with the
current method of extending ways - you select the node at the end of the way,
click to add a new node along a different way, and it might add the new
"segment" to the current way or might make a new way. For creating areas (such
as landuse=residential) I would prefer to guarantee that the new node is always
going to add to the currently selected way. Therefore...

This patch adds to the Draw mode - if you select a way _and_ one of the end
nodes of the way, the new node will always be added to the selected way. This
makes creating a long way that comprises largely of existing nodes much easier.

New functionality is added, as selecting a way and a node did nothing in Draw
mode before. It is also intuitive (to me, anyway ;-) ).

The patch can be obtained here:

  http://dl.newtoncomputing.co.uk/draw-way-end-add.patch

(Written against r408.)

First time I've written any java since the align-in-{circle,line} patches many
months ago - hope it makes sense ;-).

Thanks,

--
Matthew