[josm-dev] Suggestion: entering tags in combobox

Rick Collins gnuarm.2006 at arius.com
Sat Oct 27 04:40:49 BST 2007

I have seen the same problem, but it is not quite as hard to use as
you describe.  When you type a letter that matches an entry in the
list, it displays and selects that entire entry.  So when you type
the second key, it deletes the entire word and does another search
with your second letter.  If you instead retype the first letter, it
will then allow you to type the second letter and search
correctly.  But it repeats the selection when it finds a match and if
it is not the word you are looking for, it will all be deleted again
when you type the next letter.... :^(

So this is pretty broken, but not impossible to use.  Of course, if
using the "metal" style for the interface fixes the problem, then
that works too...