[josm-dev] Possible fix for auto-complete annoyance

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Oct 27 17:21:16 BST 2007

Hi,

> I agree with Ulf, I'm sorry that Frederik feels annoyed with the whole
> autocomplete issue.

I was just kidding, of course we should aim to get this one right! It is
a difficult thing since it really seems to behave slightly differently
on a lot of systems and whenever you thing you have a solution, someone
comes out of the woods saying it doesn't work for him. When Imi handed
over JOSM to me a while ago, one of the things he said was (along the
lines of) "oh and drop that autocomplete stuff, it only causes grief",
so I'm not the first one to labour with that ,-)

> BTW I tried the latest build and the problem still persists in the
> windows l&f.

It seems that I had mis-applied Karl's patch. I have changed that now
(again) and recompiled the version on openstreetmap.de. So... just retry ;-)

Bye
Frederik