[josm-dev] Geometry stuff : 3 bugs ?

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 17 10:02:02 BST 2008

Gert Gremmen [mailto:Administrator at ce-test.info] wrote:
>Sent: 17 April 2008 9:14 AM
>To: Andy Robinson (blackadder); Frederik Ramm; josm-dev at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: RE: [josm-dev] Geometry stuff : 3 bugs ?
>
>yeah I have also some strange crashes, unknown exceptions
>not only with validator, that I had to delete from the
>JOSM application directory (running windose),
>but also when loading (the famous delft crash)
>51.92255038821225 / 52.032784477077776 and 4.236576041417922/
>4.4994456585820775
>
>an exception happens, and only nodes are loaded. (one may fix bug this if
>load as new layer is ticked)
>
>(we might need a method to copy all 4 coordinates from
>a bookmark box for mails like this)
>
>In addition with the Q command I found a strange behavior at the following
>building :
>
>51.98289 4.3478

Nice to have the squaring tool :-)

I didn’t check the above location but when applying "Q" in my area of
buildings I found a couple that extrude to a strange result if Q is pressed.
Try the rectangle here for instance:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?mlat=52.55242769556695&mlon=-1.81659
0502678508&zoom=18

I tried to add the rectangle tool to the toolbar but instead it removed the
circle tool (both tool icons appear to be the same, ie circle).

I assume the tool has to take one of the edges as the baseline? I get quite
a lot of rotation on some poorly drawn rectangles which for long thin ones
can result in misalignment. This could be fixed by reintroducing a rotate
tool of course. For now I've found that by making the object better manually
first the undesired rotation is much reduced.

Cheers

Andy