[josm-dev] AgpifoJ plugin better than JOSM built-in?

christian.gallioz at wanadoo.fr christian.gallioz at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 29 09:25:40 BST 2008

Hi,

The source of Agpifoj is in the jar. If you can't access it, I can also send you a zip package with the source.
In fact, I wrote Agpifoj by modifying the Geotag plugin from Rob Neild. It was great but I had some ideas to make it more practical for my use (the picture in the main window, an easy zoom in/out on any point...). And then I discovered the built-in geotag function (no need to insert a geotag data to the exif before loading the pictures in josm), and I decided to add it to Agpifoj too.
I think the main difference of Agpifoj from the build-in function is that the pictures are not loaded immediately (so the mark on the map is not a thumbnail of the actual picture, but a camera icon) ; that is because I had some OutOfMemoryException when loading large sets of pictures.

As someone has requested it on this mailing-list, I'm working on a second version that will interface with exiftool in order to write the geotag data to the pictures.
I've also tried to implement an algorithm that guess the time offset between the picture exif and the GPS time, based on the speed but it's not reliable (mostly because the computation of the speed from the GPS track is not very precise).
I will release that when I'll have some time to finish it.
To be complete : someone has reported yesterday an "out of memory" message while using Agpifoj (when using the previous/next arrows). I will investigate that as soon as I can.

Bye.

Christian.