[josm-dev] josm and other projection systems questions

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 11:19:56 BST 2008

Dear josm-dev,

I recently introduced the Lambert projection in Josm and I have two
questions about that:

- a problem with the tool "align nodes in circle" which is calculating the
average position of the selected nodes. Unfortunately, this average is done
with a first value initialized like this:
new Node(new LatLon(0,0));
but this is not workign with the Lambert projection (the east/north are high
negativ values). I made a fix avoiding this kind of initial node but rather
use the first "real" node as initial value. Is that the correct way to
proceed (in which case I could submit the change) ? or all projection
systems should be specially coded to support this special value LatLon(0,0)
?

- a received a request from belgian contributors who would like an
implementation of another Lambert system for their local wms server (Lambert
72). This projection is closed to the french Lambert zone system and it
would be easy to create a new projection derived from the one I developed.
My question is more general : does it make sense to add more and more
projection systems or would it be better to make these country specific
projections available through the plugin mechanism ?

regards
Pieren