[josm-dev] Alpha: Browser-Plugin for JOSM

Francisco R. Santos frsantos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 13:35:10 BST 2008

Hi Tobias,

2008/8/7 Tobias Wendorff <tobias.wendorff at uni-dortmund.de>

> Hi Francisco,
>
> Francisco R. Santos schrieb:
>
>> Did you look at the OpenLayers plugin that I commited to SVN[1] some time
>> ago?. That plugin is just a proof of concept that uses a swing browser
>> inside JOSM. The problem is that IE and Mozilla are heavyweight browsers
>> that don't integrate well with lightweight programs (swing, like JOSM), so
>> the solution I found is using a swing browser like Cobra[2]
>>
>> Regards,
>> Quico
>>
>> [1]
>> http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/josm/plugins/openlayers/
>> [2] http://lobobrowser.org/cobra.jsp
>>

> Sorry, since I'm not programmer (only PHP-scripter), I didn't know this
> solution!
>
> Could you please compile it for me? I want to try it.
>
> Best regards,
> Tobias

Here[1] you have the compiled plugin. Just note that this version does
nothing more than displaying a (OpenLayers) Yahoo background when you select
the menu option, and that this background is barely synchronized with the
current editing view. *Much* more development is needed to make a fully
working plugin.

Regards,
Quico
[1] http://personales.ya.com/osmfrsantos/openLayers/openlayers.jar