[josm-dev] Difference between JOSM and JOSM-NG

Petr Nejedly Petr.Nejedly at Sun.COM
Mon Aug 18 19:54:12 BST 2008

Evgeny Mandrikov napsal(a):
> Why are you using ant instead of maven in JOSM-NG?

The obvious answer is 42 of course...

Guess what. I just created a new J2SE project in NetBeans and it created
an ant script for me with all the bells and whistles. It helps me debug,
it helps me profile. On the other hand, it uses custom ant extensions,
so you can't easily build the project w/o NetBeans installed. I'm going
to address this soon though.

What would Maven bring to the table for a simple J2SE project with no
dependencies, single source folder and single dist jar, anyway?

--
Petr "Nenik" Nejedly, NetBeans/Sun Microsystems, http://www.netbeans.org
355/113 -- Not the famous irrational number PI, but an incredible simulation!