[josm-dev] Reworked virtual nodes

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sun Aug 24 15:19:59 BST 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008, Robin Rattay wrote:

> - The virtual nodes cover the segment numbers, which are IMHO quite
> important.

Yes. Need to shift the segment numbers a bit, when drawing the virtual
nodes. I don't use that option, :-) What is it good for?

> - When there are two ways sharing the same segment there is no way to
> choose into which way the new node is inserted. Actually the node
> probably should be inserted in all ways.

Handling here is same as for nodes, which means you always get the topmost
way. I will not change anything here, as this would result in a lot of
complexity without much positive results. If other behaviour is desidered,
the old method using draw tool and "J" command must be used.

> - When quickly clicking and dragging a virtual node, then the mouse
> cursor is not directly on the new node, but slightly offset - the less
> time the is between pushing mouse button down and starting the dragging,
> the bigger the offset.

Yes. This is the same as for normal node moving.