[josm-dev] Performance optimizations

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Aug 24 18:51:52 BST 2008

Hi,

> I have big problem with JOSM that slowing down through time when I am
> editing large data sets and using WMS plug-in intensively.

Well. The data you download from WMS is not just shown for a moment, it
is kept in memory. So the more you download, the more memory JOSM uses.
It seems to use a LOT of memory per image but apart from that it is
really expected behaviour. You can sometimes help this by deleting the
WMS layer every now and then (not exiting JOSM altogether).

> It become
> unusable after some time, and I must restart whole application. That
> didn't solve with that patch.

The problem you describe lies with the WMS plugin. The patch was for the
core.

Bye
Frederik