[josm-dev] Combining mappaint styles

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 26 23:32:49 BST 2008

Dirk Stöcker schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I introduced the possibility to combine an area and an line style in
> current josm (thus reenabling the roundabout display).

Nice!

> To combine two line styles (e.g. bridge, tunnel and street) someone needs
> to present an idea, how the displaying could be done for this.

You mean a bridge OR tunnel together with a street I guess?

I was thinking about the representation, and the best idea I got aware
of was to display the part of the way being a bridge (or tunnel) simply
a little bit (1/2px?) wider than the normally used width.

My first thought was to use something like a specially dashed (dotted,
...) way, but that would be hard to distinguish from other dashed stuff
(like tracks) and also probably hard to "visually get" for very short
bridges (tunnels).

Obviously, I haven't tried this out, so the best would be to have a
prototype and have a look at it :-)

Regards, ULFL