[josm-dev] Combining mappaint styles

Petr Nejedly Petr.Nejedly at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 27 10:59:48 BST 2008

Dirk Stöcker napsal(a):
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Ulf Lamping wrote:
>> My first thought was to use something like a specially dashed (dotted,
>> ...) way, but that would be hard to distinguish from other dashed stuff
>> (like tracks) and also probably hard to "visually get" for very short
>> bridges (tunnels).
>
> What about alpha shaded lines? E.g. if you overlap a street with a 20%
> black line for tunnel or 20% green for bridge or something like that.
>
>> Obviously, I haven't tried this out, so the best would be to have a
>> prototype and have a look at it :-)
>
> Well, the design of the XML and the implementation depends a lot on the
> fact how to display it later.

In josm-ng, I'm experimenting with multistyle, where each tag can add
a (list of) stroke(s) (painting primitives) to apply, and all the tags
are processed for given primitive (not ony the first one that matches).

This is what would you get for a way with highway=seconday and railway=tram:
http://shell.sh.cvut.cz/~nenik/josmng-multistyle2.png

Still, one tag can't (easily) influence a stroke based on another tag
(like the alpha/dashed painting for tunnels) in my scheme.

--
Petr "Nenik" Nejedly, NetBeans/Sun Microsystems, http://www.netbeans.org
355/113 -- Not the famous irrational number PI, but an incredible simulation!