[josm-dev] Combining mappaint styles

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Wed Aug 27 21:44:14 BST 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Dirk Stöcker wrote:

> Ok, what about that suggestion:
>
> - Using an additional type <lineover>, which equals line, but also has an
>   alpha value.
> - Drawing is done as it is now, but when over's are found, they get
>   applied also. Supporting multiple over's is required.
> - The over's are drawn over the basic line segment (so in general they
>   should have alpha below 50).
> - We add optional priority="number" to the element rules to define
>   which one should be used in case of matches compared to the pure
>   alphabetic matching as now.
>   Used numbers should be 10000 for the start (so we always have the
>   chance to go a level down and move something inbetween - learned from
>   basic, where it was always a bad idea to number 1, 2, 3 ... :-)
>
> So the general idea is to have main line styles as we have now and
> overlays. Drawing areas and icons does not change except the priority can
> be used there too.

I now modified my idea and also allow modifiers below ways.

Try http://www.dstoecker.eu/josm-custom.jar

This uses an overlay for bridge-tag
with Color(200, 200, 255, 100) and width = waxwidth+8;

and an "underlay" for maxspeed-tag
with Color(0,0, 200, 255) and width = waywidth+1;

I'm not the design master, so assume that the style is done by others, but
the idea would be overlays (or underlays :-) are configured in the style
file. The above is only an example.

Width specifications for these elements would be:
- absolute
- +xx and -xx
- percent