[josm-dev] New "add node" action

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Dec 18 08:27:34 GMT 2008

Hi,

> What your new feature doesn't help me with is cases where I want to
> place an existing node at a specific set of coordinates. Previously
> I've done this by saving the .osm file, editing it manually with a
> text editor and loading it back in again.
>
> But what I really wanted was a way to edit lat/long in the same way I
> edit key/value pairs via the "Properties for selected objects" menu. I
> suspect this also won't take two days to implement, so if the code
> fairy is interested ... :)

Indeed I thought about extending the properties view by adding two
"special" properties lat and lon which cannot be deleted nor the key
modified, just changes in the value are allowed. And while we're at it
we could also add "timestamp", "user" and "version" as read-only
properties. - Maybe add them at the bottom of the list so that for those
who have limited space available, they don't use up that prime space.

Bye
Frederik