[josm-dev] ewmsplugin - webkit-image bug

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at
Sun Dec 21 21:16:21 GMT 2008

hello

I did some more testing and found the problem: with www.heise.de for
some reason a call to page->mainFrame()->render() changes the value of
page->mainFrame()->contentsSize() (it grows in width)!

I patched the code to check that and retry the rendering if the sizes
differ. for www.heise.de it takes 6 to 8 iterations until the size
changes no more! I had not time to do extensive testing but I found no
other site were this happens!
any thought?
is this a bug or a feature of QWebPage/QFrame?

if you want to verify this apply the attached patch (which is quickly
and dirty written just for testing purposes!).

regards
hermann