[josm-dev] Tasks for all of you

Stephan osm at stephans-server.de
Tue Dec 30 10:32:19 GMT 2008

Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/1906
> WMS-Plugin: Implement caching

Is this in compliance with yahoos usage license?
There had been a discussion recently, I think the conclusion was that
saving the yahoo-tiles on disk might violate the rules.

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/maps/mapsapi/mapsapi-2141.html
(viii) store or allow end users to store map imagery, map data or
geocoded location information from the Yahoo! Maps APIs for any future use;

As a browser also saves tiles to a cache (firefox does), I would
interpret that caching does not allow an end user to save the data.

But it might be wise to clarify this issue first before implementing too
much.

Maybe webkit could do the caching...

Stephan