[josm-dev] josm patch 015 problems

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Tue Feb 5 19:58:41 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 05:39 -0800, Blars Blarson wrote:
> I really like the ability to insert and move nodes.

Great!

> However, I have noticed a few problems.  (using josm-current from your
> 015 directory)
>
> Merge nodes on the left bar always fails.  The one on the tool bar works.
> (I think one is from a plugin.)

Hmm.  Could you try and trace down which plugin it is?  I'll fix it if I
can find it.

> zero and one node ways are created.  Probably when nodes are deleted
> from short ways.
>
> delete segment from way (shift-click in delete mode) seems to have
> problems.  It at least messes up the display.
>
> Sometimes a node is listed twice in a row in a way.  Possibly after
> deleting the end node that intersects another way.  Validate calls
> these self-intersecting ways and won't fix them.

I'll try and reproduce some of this behavior, but it would *really* help
if you can give me some step-by-step instructions on exactly what you're
doing.  I like to create very small .osm files to test with when I have
issues so that I can easily track what is going on.  Could you do that
for one of these cases, and we'll work from there?

-- Dave