[josm-dev] JOSMng prototype [resend]

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Feb 6 21:19:45 GMT 2008

Hi,

> IMHO at least merging, selection and uploading should be implemented
> within josm-ng; then JOSM could be ported to use josm-ng as a core
> library (as was already suggested in another thread).
>
> In any case, I've got some time to spare during the following two or
> three weeks and would love to make JOSM snappier than ever.

I would suggest putting the code in our central SVN repository (that
would ensure access for everyone). I always thought that we'd move
JOSM over to the central SVN sooner or later but it sounds like a good
idea to build josm-ng in the central SVN and then migrate/port
individual features.

I'll continue working on JOSM as planned but if josm-ng looks as if it
is going to fly then I have no objections against a clean start. At the
moment I get

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group

with Java 1.5 - do I need 1.6?

Bye
Frederik