[josm-dev] Newbie question

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 9 21:01:33 GMT 2008

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask a newbie question, but
anyway:-

I am using the latest josm (version 516). I have the validator (version
5609) plugin installed.

Often when I upload to OSM, I am presented with errors or warnings that
the validator has not detected.

My problem is in locating these errors. Often I can spot them visually
or just by checking recent edits. I have tried clicking on the error box
 and the like in an attempt to highlight or select the offending nodes
or ways, but to no avail. With the errors spotted by the validator, it
is all easy, but I can't find any similar mechanism for the error dialog
presented during uploads.

This message is prompted by a case where "two crossing ways" were
reported, but I couldn't locate them, so I uploaded anyway.

In the past I have actually read the coordinates from the dialogue box
and manually entered them (I couldn't cut-and-paste: why not?) and found
errors that way, but it was impossibly slow and tedious.

Am I missing something?

ael