[josm-dev] Unclosed ways

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 14 22:33:51 BST 2008

Hi,

> Well, I was thinking you could mark it as a false positive using the
> validator_ignore key, which could be used by maplint or other validators to
> suppress warnings there, too. That key would only apply to a particular OSM
> entity, not for disabling a test globally.

I'm sort of leaning in the direction of having a per-user local list of
stuff to ignore, instead of a global list (read: a tag in the database)
saying "for this object, ignore test so-and-so"). Even if this makes
*every* user who validates an area look at the problem once - it's
preferable to having one user creating a very "innovative" mapping and
then showering it with "ignore" tags so nobody else will notice...

Bye
Frederik