[josm-dev] Unclosed ways

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 15 12:21:05 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 12:01:10PM +0200, Dirk St?cker wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>
> > If I were you I'd write a simple script to parse a planet file and
> > dump the tags of every way where the last node equals the first.
> > Straighforward to write, doesn't even require memory (node id
> > equality is sufficient, node position not required), just a few hours
> > of cpu time. That will give you a very good idea of how people tag
> > areas; of yourse you'll have some circular roads, roundabouts etc. as
> > well but it should be obvious to the human being which are meant so
> > be areas.
>
> Results are (europe):
>
>   closed   unclosed
>    36769 :   16527 : junction=roundabout
>
> --> Here probably the check needs to be disabled. User input required for
> decision.

I have noticed that in general the roundabouts that where imported with
the AND data for the Netherlands are not closed. They normally are laid
out as seperate ways between each connecting road (so a roundabout with
4 connecting roads consists of 4 unclosed ways). These ways all have
different AND reference numbers.
I have been connecting a few of them, I'm cc'ing this mail to the OSM-NL
list to get more comments, most imporantly if this AND reference number
is still of use.

Maarten

--
I put it to you sir, that you are a madam