[josm-dev] Unclosed ways

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Tue Jul 15 17:23:30 BST 2008

Dirk Stöcker <openstreetmap at dstoecker.de> writes:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Matthias Julius wrote:
>
>> But I also believe to improve the usefulness of the maplint layer it
>> would be good to have a mechanism to ignore certain warnings.
>
> That assumes the ignore information can be used by different validation
> tools. I don't think this is possible without lots of work.

I can not comment on that as I don't have any clue about the internals
of the validators.  But I would have thought that checking for the
presence of a certain tag like validator:ignore=no_name should be
straight forward since this is what validators do all the time.

Of course the spelling and meaning of those tags needs to be
coordinated, probably on a wiki page like Map_Features which then
could look like:

| no_name    | Don't warn if element doesn't have a name. |
| not_closed | Don't warn if way is not closed.           |

Validator authors can then decide whether they want to implement that
or not.

Matthias