[josm-dev] Automatic tag correction

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sun Jul 20 22:52:19 BST 2008

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> While this is *generally* ok, it should not be used as an excuse to
> break JOSM to the point where it doesn't compile anymore and then have
> others clean up...

Ooops. Worked here. I didn't mean to fix broken code, but rather to fix
it regarding improvements or different design aspects.

> PLEASE do not check in code that does not compile with Java 1.5. (I
> removed the "Override" statements. Please someone check whether these
> methods are really needed... if they don't override something then who
> calls them?)

Sometimes I have the feeling ant doesn't do proper dependency tracking
always. Can that be?

Or are the errors you corrected no problem with newer Java? In that case I
would need a way to at least get warnings in case such things occur. Is
there something like "--ansi" in C/C++ to test against different standard
variants?