[josm-dev] Automatic tag correction

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Tue Jul 22 08:31:51 BST 2008

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Robin Rattay wrote:

> Frederik Ramm schrieb:
>> I think that 1.5 does not *require* you to use Override when you
>> override something, whereas 6 does, but I am not sure. I just removed
>> the @Overrides, tried to recompile, it worked, so I committed. No
>> thinking involved on my part.
>
> Sorry for that. I had my Eclipse set to 6.0 compability instead of 5.0.
>
> Between 5.0 and 6.0 there was a change, that @Override may no longer be
> used when implementing the method of an interface. Unfortunatly that
> wasn't documented correctly by Sun:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu

It seems there is also no way to set a newer system to check for this
problem. I tried source type "1.5" in compiler run and it accepted the
@Overrides without problem.

Frederik - Can't the compiling system be updated? This seems to be a
plain source problem (compiler bug I would think). The resulting classes
should be "1.5" in any case.

P.S. Robin:
I found and fixed another problem I overlooked last time.
The correct way to inform property dialog about data changes is this:

Main.ds.fireSelectionChanged(...)