[josm-dev] Building JOSM with NetBeans

Petr Nejedly Petr.Nejedly at Sun.COM
Sat Mar 22 10:39:05 GMT 2008

Frederik Ramm napsal(a):

> 2. anyone got Netbeans running in a slow graphics environment and
> happy with their profiling tools?

I guess there is a big problem thanks to antialiasing+alpha blending,
which, in remote-X environment, basically means fetching actual image
bits from the display to combine them with whatever is currently being
painted.

You'll probably get much better performance through VNC or even maybe
using NX instead of X, but there should be a way to disable all the fancy
graphics stuff, or at least a way to force it do all the combinations locally.
I don't recall the switches though, but NetBeans wiki can help...

--
Petr "Nenik" Nejedly, NetBeans/Sun Microsystems, http://www.netbeans.org
355/113 -- Not the famous irrational number PI, but an incredible simulation!