[josm-dev] EOL style

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sat May 10 22:34:07 BST 2008

Hi,

>    I have just removed all CR characters from the JOSM source files
> (we had a mix of Unix and DOS line endings in there), and set the
> svn:eol-style property to "native" on all files. If I didn't get it
> totally wrong, then that should give everyone the line endings they
> want for their platform, in a consistent fashion.
>
> I hope there were no Mac-style "CR only" files. Or have Apple dropped
> that habit meanwhile?

the last time I tried it out it was a complete mess. TextEdit behaved
differently than vi and some other Text Editors I tried.

We decided to ignore it and set svn to native line endings. Until now, we
didn't encounter any issues. I'm not talking about german umlauts which is a
completely different story, though :) .

Cheers,

ce