[josm-dev] GPS coordinates

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 14:29:58 GMT 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Markus Lindholm
<markus.lindholm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. I've incorporated your changes and fixed
> negative longitude and latitude so that in DMS N/S/W/E is displayed
> instead. I've attached a new patch to the ticket
> http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/1730

I should have been more clear about this, my patch was not something
that should have been incorporated into your patch as-is but a work in
progress modification I used to tweak josm when reviewing yours. You
incorporated the "ERROR" selection between coordinate systems and as a
result JOSM displays "ERROR" by default in the selection pane when no
coordinate system has been selected in the preferences.

The alternation between coordinate systems needs to be fixed and JOSM
needs to work by default if none is selected.

The coordinates should also be padded, mm and ss in hddd°mm'ss.s" (and
its DM equivalent) should always be two digits, e.g.
64°08'23.5"64°08'23.5" not  64°8'23.5".

And the issue of writing the display string to the preferences file
remains, this is what was written to my preferences:

coordinates=hddd°mm'ss.s"