[josm-dev] Commit access

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Oct 4 12:44:43 BST 2008

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008, Christoph Brill wrote:

> would it make sense get give me commit access? I think I made some good
> patches (like NMEA support or the splash screen) to show that I seem to

Nice work, but
e.g. the splash screen had also a serious error and NMEA support
also has some problems (see tracker). So you still need to improve the
quality of your patches a bit. :-)

> know what I am doing and I want to continue working on JOSM. I want to
> ask what is necessary for me to get commit access to the JOSM repository
> since creating a bug for each patch I create seems a bit of an overhead
> to me. Especially for oneliners :-)

Why? That's a normal use case of a bug tracker. And you also can send the
patches to this list or attach multiple minor patches into one bug at the
tracker.

BTW: Frederik ist the SVN account manager here.

I got write access, because Frederik was flooded with my patches and told
me to do it myself :-) So producing a high number of high quality patches
is a good way to get write access.