[josm-dev] ewmsplugin on win32

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:44:12 BST 2008

2008/10/13 Rui Correia <john3voltas at gmail.com>:
> Lennard <ldp at ...> writes:
>
>> 'Move on' in the sense that you no longer want FF2 anywhere on your
>> system, or in the sense that you want to install FF3 and work with that
>> as your regular browser?
>> If the latter: It's perfectly doable to have both FF2 and FF3 installed,
>> with FF2 only used for JOSM, and FF3 for everything else. I have such a
>> setup.
>
> Hi Lennard,
> I'll be honest with you, I have tried a setup with FF2 and FF3 and it didn't
> work quite as expected.
> But that's not my problem, our companies' corporate auditing tool doesn't like
> FF2 anymore and it has sent an email to our sysadmin advising him to contact me
> to get rid of FF2 as soon as possible.
>
> So, I really have to let FF2 go and use FF3 for as long as it is allowed by our
> corporate policies.
> That means I've come to a dead end with JOSM and Yahoo imagery.
> I could really use some help from someone experienced with how ewmsplugin and
> JOSM under winxp.

Dirk Stöcker mentioned recently in a thread "Automatic tiles download
in WMSPlugin" that he had made a webkit backend to enable WMSPlugin
usage under win32 without FF2 - but not using FF3 either.  Webkit is
smaller and I don't think somebody will mind your automatic downloads
through it.  I'm happily using WMSPlugin with FF3 with the
gnome-web-photo backend.

Cheers