[josm-dev] ewmsplugin on win32

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Wed Oct 15 15:52:27 BST 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Rui Correia wrote:

> <joakim at ...> writes:
>> I did a brief test and it seems to work nicely.
>> Great work!
>
> I'm sorry but I can't understand much of what you guys have been talking about.
> What exactly is working great?
> Does that mean that !Y photos are working again?
> I have downloaded the latest ewms today v11242 (not from svn), I'm running
> it on JOSM b1037 and I still get red tiles with "Exception occured" (which
> BTW is spelled occurred ;-) ).

a) You have ywms not installed?
b) You don't have wmsplugin installed?
c) You only have ewmsplugin installed!

- What do you mean with "not from svn"?
- What does the commandline output tell you about the problems?

BTW: Fixed typo in SVN now :-)

> Could this still be happening because I'm behind a proxy server?
> I'll test it again when I get home on a direct internet connection.
> BTW, does ewms work under win32 at all?

The ewmsplugin requires:
a) gnome-webp-photo installed or
b) the gnome-webp-photo-fixed script installed and netpbm or
c) self-compiled webkit-images installed

to work. On Windows you only have option c!

I will provide pre-compiled binaries soon.