[josm-dev] ewmsplugin on win32

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Thu Oct 16 08:41:47 BST 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Rui Correia wrote:

> Dirk Stöcker <openstreetmap at ...> writes:
>
>> a) You have ywms not installed?
>> b) You don't have wmsplugin installed?
>> c) You only have ewmsplugin installed!
> Ooops. You mean that I need to have ywms+wmsplugin both installed
> to have ewmsplugin working properly?
> I thought that if I had ewmsplugin installed I should not install
> wmsplugin at all...
> I'll fix that in my setup.

No. That's why question marks and exclamation sign. You only should have
ewmsplugin.

>> The ewmsplugin requires:
>> a) gnome-webp-photo installed or
>> b) the gnome-webp-photo-fixed script installed and netpbm or
>> c) self-compiled webkit-images installed
>>
>> to work. On Windows you only have option c!
> Got it.
>
>> I will provide pre-compiled binaries soon.
> Oops again, didn't get it.
> Do you mean that pushing the download button in JOSM settings doesn't
> download a working copy of ewmsplugin with webkit?

No. The ewmsplugin relies on a normal tool to download that data. This
must be installed somewhere. Currently there are 2 options: The gnome
downloader and the webkit-images program, which is only available as
source.

> If I will need webkit compiled by you, how will I install it?
> Sorry to bug devs with stupid users questions.

No, you don't need webkit compiled, but a recent QT 4.4.3 installation and
the download tool.

I made a compiled variant:
http://www.dstoecker.eu/webkit-image.zip

You need to copy the exe and the DLL's to a path, where Windows can find
them (e.g. into the system directory or maybe JOSMs start directory).