[josm-dev] New OSM download plugin

Henrik Niehaus henrik.niehaus at gmx.de
Tue Sep 2 18:49:55 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>>> To make this process easier, I wrote a plugin, which downloads the data
>>> of the current visible bounding box. You can scroll to the desired place
>>> and then start the plugin.
>> But isn't that what happens anyway if you just press OK without putting
>> anything in the dialog box?
>
> I was thinking as much. Henrik, I have been doing that for the last
> years: Scroll to the place I'm interested in and hit download, don't
> change the values just hit OK, and that's that... if this *doesn't* work
> then it means that something needs to be fixed, but one should not need
> a plugin for it!
>
> Bye
> Frederik

D'oh,

you are both right. I didn't notice that the values in the download
dialog are adjusted, though it's mentioned in the help, too. I think a
hint in the download dialog, that the values are automatically adjusted,
would be helpful.

Good, that I had to write only a few lines of code, so it's not so much
wasted time ;)

Henrik