[josm-dev] Bug #973 Problem with AudioMarker

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Tue Sep 9 11:12:04 BST 2008

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, David Earl wrote:

>> E.g. I had a short wav file which had to be at the end of my GPX track. I
>> was unable to move the synchronisation behind the end of the wav and thus
>> could not get it synchroniced. Also sometimes it tells it synchroniced,
>> but when I play nothing changed.
>>
>> There are still some bugs hidden in audio stuff waiting to be fixed.
>
> I'm sure there are. But as the original author of this, can I say I'm
> not psychic. If you'd put a bug report in about the above, I could try
> fixing it; if this 973 had been assigned to me I might have been aware
> of it.

A good description also needs time and I did not have it yet :-)

> Please explain "move the synchronisation behind the end of the wav" some
> more. In order to synchronise you need a both a defined point in your
> audio and a defined point in your GPX. Were you syncing to an explicit
> waypoint, or to a point on the track (with SHIFT+DRAG)? Can you let me
> have the files (attach them to a bug report) so I can try (please say
> what the word you used to sync on was if it is in German).

Have a wave e.g. 5 minutes and a GPX trace of e.g. 2 hours. Now the 5
minutes where about the last 5 of that track. I this SHIFT-MOVE'ed the
playhead to the GPS-waypoint where it belonged to, but instead of syncing
a message came telling me, that I go behind the file end.

But as said I had not yet the time to check details.