[josm-dev] [Talk-de] Konstruktion von Kreiseln in JOSM

Henry Loenwind henry at loenwind.info
Sun Sep 21 07:11:31 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I have applied your patch. I was unsure about the shortcut key you had
> selected (came out funny on my machine) so made it Ctrl-O (with O being
> the shortcut for the existing "align in circle" action).

Oops, I intended to revisit the shortcut after I got it working, but
forgot. The MACRON was just a placeholder, because the meaning of the
parameters was not obvious to me (who expects system constants to be
ints and not objects?).

> The method you have chosen is technically incorrect because you use
> planar geometry operations on Eastings and Northings. This means that

As I noted in code and ticket text.

> with other projections, things might go awry. But it's a good start and
> if someone wants to do it right then the code is theirs...

Maybe we need a third set of coordinates on the nodes, something that
can be used as a "flat" plane for all constructing actions. Or provides
the common match to draw lines and circles etc.

cu
Henry