[josm-dev] FW: [OSM-newbies] JOSM problems - is it just me?

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 6 15:50:12 BST 2009

Forwarded from newbies list

-----Original Message-----
From: newbies-bounces at openstreetmap.org
[mailto:newbies-bounces at openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of Mike Harris
Sent: 06 April 2009 12:19 PM
To: newbies at openstreetmap.org
Subject: [OSM-newbies] JOSM problems - is it just me?

Hi

Since approx. 1st April I've been experiencing regular JOSM crashes - never
happened before and no obvious change in my own system configuration.
Happens with the latest .jar as well as the most recent tested.

On carrying out a common operation the program just closes immediately
without warning or message. Once it starts happening it happens with
increasing frequency until I reboot.

No obvious correlation with any particular operation.

I have tried a reinstall without improvement - but perhaps I should have
cleared out some corrupted old files? If so, what and where?

Any tips - I'm getting frustrated!

Mike Harris