[josm-dev] Plugins that depend on external libraries..

Mattias Dalkvist dalkvist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 10:13:39 BST 2009

Hi
I'm trying to make a plugin of my geotiff code, but I can't get the
dependencies to work.
The plugin it self works fine, that is when josm is launched from
eclipse, and the dependencies are added to the eclipse projects
classpath.

Do anyone have any experience of external .jar dependencies for plugins?
Or anyone with pointers generally?

The libraries are mostly from the geotools library, including the jai libraries.
it is the later that gives me a error that I can't find a way to fix,
googeling gives that the error is connected to the classpath and when
the libraries are loaded.

Error output:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ImageRead: No OperationDescriptor
is registered in the current operation registry under this name.
	at javax.media.jai.JAI.createNS(JAI.java:1070)
	at javax.media.jai.JAI.create(JAI.java:973)
	at org.geotools.gce.geotiff.GeoTiffReader.read(GeoTiffReader.java:426)

Mattias Dalkvist