[josm-dev] Commit message not empty

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Apr 22 12:28:28 BST 2009

Hi,

Lars Francke wrote:
> As the API allows to query for all open changesets by a given user
> what I would like to see is an option on upload to append to any of my
> open changesets

Sounds like somewhat of a "power user feature" to me. I'd say if you
want to work on different things at the same time, open different
instances of JOSM ;-)

> or to ignore that and open a new changset while
> _optionally_ entering a comment.

JOSM will not allow you to omit the comment, much as SVN doesn't allow
you to commit without a message. Meaningful comments are vital to the
usability of the whole changeset thing and while I can't (yet) force
people to enter something meaningful, at least I want to convey to them
the message that we really, really, really want them to enter something!

Bye
Frederik