[josm-dev] connected nodes in blue

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:03:18 BST 2009

Jonas Krückel schrieb:
> Hi,
> at the moment all the normal nodes (if they don´t have a special tag) in
> ways are displayed in a red color (at least in my JOSM from today)

Well, if you would throw away you're preferences file, the nodes
probably would become yellow ;-)

> Especially for debugging of osm data the following feature would be very
> useful: all nodes which are connected to another way are displayed blue.
> At the moment i have to move the node away to see if it is really
> connected to the way and then press undo.

I perfectly understand the problem, I've often done that myself.

> If you think this feature would be helpful i will open a trac ticket (i
> have no java skills to implement this feature).

I thought a bit about it, but I have no idea how to implement it in a
good way.

Problem here is, that currently nodes don't kwow any ways and ways don't
know each other. So I really hesitate to do a bigger data model change
only to implement this feature - who knows what it will brake.

Of course, you can add a ticket anyway (it's a good idea, but hard to
implement), but don't expect an implementation any time soon ;-)

Regards, ULFL