[josm-dev] Combine and Merge

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Fri Apr 24 11:53:04 BST 2009

Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> writes:

> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason writes:
>  > If you're rewriting this perhaps you could also make it support
>  > merging two (or more) nodes two the location of a specific node,
>  > currently "merge" will merge to the oldest node, which isn't always
>  > what you want.
>
> I recall that the resultant node used to have the average location of
> both nodes, but now it seems to use the first node listed in the
> "Current Selection" box.
>
> Seems like if you don't like this behavior,

I found it inconsistent, but what I want (for GNIS cleanup) is to be
able to do something like

  select node I want to keep (location wise)
  control-select node I want to merge into the previous node

(With the GNIS import, there are a lot of existing nodes that are
already in the right place that have been manually edited, and the GNIS
nodes are not placed accurately, but I want the gnis ref tag.)

I don't actually care which node controls the resulting location, but it
seems obvious the first one added to the selection should be it.